BAND BLOG BULLETS
- Home Game Friday - Senior Night - Halftime performance
Parent help needed for mat and boxes, please come to support our two seniors.
PLEASE CONFIRM WITH TERRI FISHER (firstname.lastname@example.org) TO ENSURE WE HAVE ENOUGH HELP ON THE FIELD.
- Millsaps Homecoming Football game Saturday - 1:00 - 4:00 - Band will perform as a drumline in the stands. Parents may attend, tickets $10 per person. Dropoff and parking info coming this week.
- INDY trip in less than two weeks
Students should begin to discuss with their teachers how to make up work they will miss (or complete it in advance) on the two days of excused absences, Nov 7 & 8.
We are starting to collect donations of individually packaged snacks and drinks (water, Gatorade, soft drinks) for the trip. Please drop off any donations in the band hall, marked INDY.
MAIS MARCHING BAND FESTIVAL
Thank you to ALL the parents who came out to help on Saturday. Thanks to your time and efforts, the event was a positive experience for all the groups in attendance, and a good fundraising opportunity for the Boosters. Special thanks to Hope Burford for spearheading the volunteer signups.
Special mention for the following visitors who contributed to the success of the event:
- Mohamad Schuman - Associate Director of Bands, USM - Judge
- Dwight Hollingsworth - Supervisor of Music, Harrison County Schools - Judge
- Mickey Mangum - Director of Bands, Clinton HS - Judge
- Sharon Laird, Director of Bands, Oak Grove HS - Announcer
- Doug Thomas - Band Director at Starkville HS - Consulted at rehearsal and helped with the mat
- Former JA Band Members Annie Campbell & John Humphreys - Helped with the mat
The JA Band Boosters had a busy week, with a fundraising booth at the JA Carnival last Tuesday in addition to the Festival on Saturday. Thanks to Catherine Arnold and all those who helped at the booth.
The students and staff are very appreciative of the dinners provided by the boosters on game nights this season. The band has been well-fueled for their performances and enjoy the camaraderie of the shared meals.
JA BAND SCHEDULE 10/28 - 11/2
MONDAY, 10/28 - Rehearsal 2:10 - 4:00
TUESDAY, 10/29 - Rehearsal 2:10 - 3:00
COLOR GUARD - 5:00 - 6:00 on the field
HORNS & PERCUSSION - 6:00 for warmup and equipment movement
FULL BAND - 6:30 - 8:00 on the field
WEDNESDAY, 10/30 - Rehearsal 2:10 - 4:00
THURSDAY, 10/31 - Rehearsal 2:10 - 4:00
FRIDAY, 11/1 - Rehearsal 2:10 - 3:00
HOME FOOTBALL GAME - SENIOR NIGHT
5:30 - Report to parking lot in half uniform
HALFTIME PERFORMANCE - with Senior Night Recognition - Parent help needed
SATURDAY, 11/2 - Millsaps Homecoming Football game - 1:00 - 4:00 - Jeans and band t-shirts
Dropoff and parking details TBA when available this week. Family tickets will be available at $10 per person. Contact Terri Fisher (email@example.com) if you need help transporting your student for the game.