BAND BLOG BULLETS
Busy couple of weeks for the JA Band coming up:
- December 1 - JA Band will perform at the morning Chapel assembly in the PAC. This is the first time the band has been asked to perform for Chapel. The assembly is 9:45 - 10:15 am.
- December 4 - Christmas in the PAC - Band Boosters will be selling Corky's. See below how you can help!
- December 5 - First Winterguard rehearsal, 12:30 - 6:00 in the Activities Building. Best of luck to the guard for another great winter season!
- December 8 - NEW DATE! - Corky's Christmas order DEADLINE
- December 8 - Deadline to register for MAIS Concert Band Clinic -- see details below
- December 10 - Christmas Concert at St. Andrew's Episcopal Cathedral
- Monday, December 14 - NEW DATE! - Corky's Christmas order PICKUP
BAND BOOSTER NEWS
CHRISTMAS IN THE PAC
We will be selling Corky's orders at this event next Friday, December 4, from 9 am to 4pm. Last year we sold a good number of orders to shoppers. We need your help in one of two ways: (1) work a shift at our table taking down orders for any amount of time that day. (2) Providing some goodies (cookies, candy, brownies, etc. ) to help attract people to our table. Last year, Lisa had a bowl of little holiday fun-sized Snickers, and it really helped! People come over, grab a treat, chat, ask you what you're selling, and next thing you know they have happily supported the Band with a Corky's order. If you can work a shift or provide some treats, please let Lisa know 601-613-3533.
There will be a reception following the holiday concert on Thursday, December 10 at St. Andrew's Cathedral downtown. We are asking all our band families to bring a favorite holiday treat to share at the reception. Thank you!
We have made an important date change to the December Corky's sale. Logan's terrific dad Chris Thomas has volunteered to go to Memphis to pick up the orders which needs to happen on his day off from work. (Thank you, Chris!!). So our dates have shifted slightly. Orders will now be due to Lisa Thomas on Tuesday, December 8. The orders will be delivered to the Band Hall mid-day on Monday, December 14. We will follow up closer to the time with logistics. In the meantime, keep up the selling! Our goal is 100% participation and 5 meats per band family between the 2 sales. Lisa is hanging a poster in the band hall so the kids can chart their progress.
For details about products available, click on this link: CORKY'S
MAIS CONCERT BAND CLINIC
The clinicians this year are Juanita Proffitt, Director of Bands at Copiah-Lincoln Community College, and Dr. Marc Decker, Director of Instrumental Music and Director of Music Education at Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
Cost for the clinic will be $65, plus lodging costs if the student desires to stay overnight (approximately $45 per student per night, double occupancy).
Clinic auditions will consist of scales, a prepared piece, and sightreading. Audition results will determine which ensemble a student will be placed into as well as chair placement within the ensemble. Mr. Carter will assist any student who wishes to participate to prepare for the audition.
Here is a link to audition materials and other clinic information: MAIS State Concert Band Clinic
JA alums Caroline Burford (Ole Miss) and Sarah Allen Bowman (MSU) reunite before the Egg Bowl in Starkville on Saturday: